Schedules | Historic Track Database | Feature Articles | Ghost Speedways | Links | Photos | Updates | Home

Canadian Race Track Database

Please e-mail any updates or corrections to: webmaster@canadianracer.com

Pleasure Valley Speedway

Other Information
Points Champions
Photos
Program Covers
Oshawa, ON

Years in Operation: 1952-1953

Name History:


Track Configurations:
1/4 mile dirt oval

Status
Closed

Notes:
  • Located on the east side of Simcoe St., north of Taunton Road

  • The property was known as "Pleasure Valley Ranch"

  • Was part of a circuit in 1952 that included the tracks at Port Bolster, Streetsville and Orillia

  • Closed in May of 1953 after being purchased by the owners of Oshawa Motor Raceways

  • Owned by George James, an Oshawa businessman

  • track had a man-made pond off corner 2

  • the pond was used for "sea-flea" racing in 1953

  • The track was egg-shaped

  • Raced Saturday nights but did not have lights