Schedules | Historic Track Database | Feature Articles | Ghost Speedways | Links | Photos | Updates | Home

Canadian Race Track Database

Please e-mail any updates or corrections to: webmaster@canadianracer.com

The Ridge Raceway

Other Information
Points Champions
Photos
Program Covers
Ridgetown, ON

Years in Operation: 1951-1955,1969-1978, 1983-1995

Name History:
The Ridge Raceway (1951-1955)
Ridgetown Raceway
Harwich Speedway
The Ridge Raceway (1983-1995)

Track Configurations:
1/3 mile dirt oval (1951-55), (1969-78)
3/8 mile dirt oval (1983-1995)

Status
Closed

Notes:
  • Located on the Ridge Road, between Blenheim and Ridgetown

  • Original owners were Jack Ingram and Clayton Johnston

  • Re-opened in 1969 and run buy a group called the Golden Aces Stock Car Racing Associatin

  • Owner was Walt Huckle in the early 1970's

  • Re-opened on Sept 10, 1983 under owner and promoter Ron Urquhart and track manager Jim Dale

  • As of 2004, the track remains still exist