Home | Historic Track Database | Feature Articles | Ghost Speedways | Photos | Updates

Canadian Race Track Database

Please e-mail any updates or corrections to: webmaster@canadianracer.com

Lakehead Exhibition Fairgrounds Raceway

Other Information
Points Champions
Photos (none)
Programs (none)
Thunder Bay, ON

Years in Operation: circa 1912;1920s-1930s;1950-1966

Name History:


Track Configurations:
1/2 mile dirt oval

Status
Closed

Notes:
  • Originally built for horse racing
  • The races were organized by the Lakehead Stock Car Racing Association beginning in 1952
  • The group was renamed the Lakehead Stock Car Club in 1952
  • Lights were installed in August 1953