Home | Historic Track Database | Feature Articles | Ghost Speedways | Photos | Updates

Canadian Race Track Database

Please e-mail any updates or corrections to: webmaster@canadianracer.com

Speedway Park

Other Information
Points Champions
Photos (4)
Programs (none)
Concord, ON


Years in Operation: 1948-1954

Name History:
Pinecrest Speedway (1948)
Speedway Park (1949-54)

Track Configurations:
1/2 mile dirt oval

  • Opened July 10, 1948
  • The original name was Pinecrest Speedway
  • The name was later used by the more famous Pinecrest Speedway
  • Was located immediately next to the Pinecrest Speedway that lasted from 1952-76
  • Operated by the Toronto Racing Drivers Club in 1949
  • Harley Morden Jr took over in 1949 and the races were run by the Canadian Auto Racing Society
  • Hosted stock cars, sprint cars (known as "big cars" then), midgets and motorcycles over the years
  • Changed location slightly in late 1949 - a new track was built about 100 feet from the original
  • Lloyd Shaw became the promoter in 1953
  • Major renovations in 1953 included resurfacing and banking the track, new grandstands and added lights